FIRST Learn to be a Communicator THEN sell Real Estate……
As a coach, I have spent many hours (more than 10,000 to be accurate) listening, guiding, tweaking and sometimes honestly straight up confused by the things I have heard from agents. Let me explain…. I have worked with some highly talented, passionate and determined agents, and had them sit across from me in our coaching session unsure of why they weren’t able to convert that lead, get that listing or close that deal. Upon seeing that this was a trend among my coaching clients, I searched a little deeper into WHY this could be and concluded that connecting through communication (in my opinion) is the difference between converting a lead vs. losing the lead.
Think about a time recently (we all have one) when you felt your space invaded by a salesperson. How did it feel? What did you do? Walk away? Stay and Listen? Buy the item from them? Most people won’t say they are bothered, yet spend the whole time thinking “HOW DO I LEAVE?!?!” Do not be that salesperson, become a better communicator.
Here are 5 tips to do this:
- 1. Treat them how THEY want to be treated, not how YOU want to be treated.
- 2. Find a connection through similar interests and/or experiences.
- 3. Listen more than you speak.
- 4. Ask questions regarding their statement, but do not interrogate.
- 5. And lastly, it’s about ENERGY! Positivity, open-mindedness, determination, and dedication can be felt by people!
I am going to close with this, first impressions are important as well, Dress Professionally, smell good but not over powering, and smile!